Updated: Mar 18
#19 tips to stay above anxiety
How to be Serene, Serenity tips, Calm, Relax, No stress, easy and steady
We all experience this at some point, whether it's from a job interview, a big presentation, or even just the uncertainty of the future. However, when anxiety becomes overwhelming and interferes with our daily lives, it's important to take steps to stay above it and maintain a certain level and sense of serenity. However, anxiety is a natural part of life, but it doesn't have to control you. By practicing mindfulness, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, limiting caffeine and alcohol, practicing self-care, and seeking professional help if needed and remember, it's okay to ask for help and take care of yourself. All these to help you stay above anxiety and maintain a sense of serenity.
1) Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness is the act of being present in the moment and fully aware of your surroundings. It can help reduce anxiety by bringing your attention to the present moment instead of worrying about the future. You can practice mindfulness by taking deep breaths, focusing on your senses, or even just paying attention to your thoughts without judging them.
2) Regular exercise: Exercise is not only good for your physical health, but also for your mental health. It releases endorphins, which are natural mood boosters and can help reduce stress and anxiety. Find an activity you enjoy, whether it's running, yoga or swimming, and make it a part of your routine.
3) Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can make anxiety worse. Try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night and establish a consistent sleep schedule. Try to avoid using electronic devices before bed as blue light can disrupt your sleep patterns.
4) Limit caffeine and alcohol: Caffeine and alcohol can increase anxiety and disrupt sleep. Try to limit your intake of both or avoid them altogether.
5) Practice self-care: Make time for activities you enjoy and that help you relax. This can be anything from reading a book to taking a bubble bath to spending time with loved ones. Taking care of yourself can help you feel more grounded and reduce anxiety. You can get my book on Amazon on how to make self-care part of your daily routine
6) Seek Professional Help: If your anxiety is interfering with your daily life, consider seeking professional help. A mental health professional can provide strategies and tools to help you manage anxiety and improve your overall well-being.
7) Take a break from technology: Constantly checking email, social media, and the news can increase anxiety levels. Take a break from technology by unplugging for a few hours a day or doing a digital detox for a weekend. Instead, spend time in nature, read a book, or engage in a creative activity.
8) Practice relaxation techniques: There are many relaxation techniques that can help reduce anxiety and promote relaxation, such as deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, and visualization (checkout visualisation videos on our Subconscious sublime Tool Channel). Experiment with different techniques and find the ones that work best for you.
9) Set realistic expectations: Unrealistic expectations can lead to feelings of overwhelm and anxiety. Set realistic goals for yourself and focus on progress rather than perfection. Remember to celebrate the small victories and practice self-compassion.
10) Connect with others: Social support is critical to mental health and can help reduce anxiety. Connect with friends and family, join a support group, or consider therapy. Talking to others about your worries and fears can help you gain perspective and feel less alone.
11) Engage in meaningful activities: Engaging in activities that align with your values and bring you joy can help you feel more fulfilled and less anxious. This can be anything from volunteering, pursuing a hobby or engaging in a creative project.
12) Practice forgiveness: Holding grudges or resentments can increase anxiety and negative emotions. Practice forgiveness, both for yourself and for others, to let go of negative emotions and cultivate a sense of inner peace.
13) Cultivate a sense of humor: Humor is a powerful tool for reducing anxiety and promoting positive emotions. Try to find humor in everyday situations and don't be afraid to laugh at yourself.
14) Cultivate a sense of purpose: Having a sense of purpose can provide meaning and direction in life, which can help reduce anxiety and promote a sense of well-being. Find activities that align with your values and passions and engage in them on a regular basis.
15) Practice self-reflection: Take time to reflect on your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors. This can help you identify patterns and triggers that contribute to anxiety and develop strategies to manage them.
16) Let go of perfectionism: Perfectionism can be a major source of anxiety and stress. Let go of the need to be perfect and instead focus on progress and growth.
17) Practice Acceptance: Acceptance means acknowledging and accepting reality as it is, without judgment or resistance. Practice acceptance of yourself, others, and the world around you, even in difficult situations.
18) Cultivate a spiritual practice: Spirituality can provide a sense of connectedness, meaning, and purpose in life, which can help reduce anxiety and promote inner peace. Find a spiritual practice that resonates with you, whether it's meditation, prayer, or mindfulness.
19) Practice Gratitude: Gratitude is a powerful tool for fostering positive emotions and cultivating inner peace. Focusing on what you're grateful for can help shift your mindset away from anxiety and toward positivity.
Take time each day to reflect on the things in your life that you're grateful for, whether it’s big or small, your health, your relationships, or your job.
In conclusion, we may agree that qnxiety is a natural part of life. And incorporating these strategies into your daily life can help you stay above anxiety and maintain a sense of equanimity. Remember to be patient with yourself, practice self-compassion and celebrate the progress. With time and practice, you can develop a greater sense of peace and well-being, cultivate a greater sense of inner peace and serenity. And finally, cultivating inner peace and serenity is a journey and it takes time and practice to develop these qualities. But with persistence and dedication, you can create a more peaceful and fulfilling life. Good luck to you!
You may love to know more about how to make your mind become your cheerleader, read this our previous blog on how to make your mind become your cheerleader. how to make your mind become your cheerleader. We would love to hear from you, tell us what you think about staying above anxiety and what are the techniques you have tried in the past and the ones you will try out afterward, leave a comment
Imarenakhue Lilian Ehigie is an entrepreneur, author, Google Ads strategist, an Affiliate marketer. she loves helping people uncover their empowered self. She has had ups and downs in making good money online until she discovered the secret to her "creator power" and how to use it to her own advantage. She has decided to share it with the World so that people can transform their lives.